When we decided to tour Europe, the question of opting for one of the standard tours or planning one on our own came up. We opted to plan things ourselves.
What made us take this call?
- The most critical factor was that we felt that if planned well, we could do it cheaper than a standard package
- The next factor was the ability to decide exactly how many days / how much to time should be spent at a location
- Most European location would have much more to see than what time you could afford to spend there. So making a choice of what to see is very important. In a package one hardly has a choice.
- The most irritating aspect of a group tour is that you are as fast as the slowest team member. Also the departure and break times are decided based on the general requirements – may not be what you want
- We were covering only Schengen countries, so visa was simple